The Cromaine District Library offers several regular storytime programs to encourage reading and promote early literacy. Check our online schedule to sign-up!
- Childnet International: How to keep safe in chat rooms.
- Drivers.com: World's leading site on drivers and driver behavior.
- ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board): Independent board establishes ratings for software games (including PC, MAC, Nintendo DS, X Box).
- SafeKids: Tips, advice and suggestions to make an online experience fun & productive.
- Screen It!: Screen It! was created to give parents a way to access the content of popular entertainment their kids are exposed to. The site offers an unbiased, easy to use, yet heavily detailed and complete look at popular entertainment your kids might see, rent, or buy.
- A Thin Line: When does text-messaging cross the line into harassment or abuse? This site is aimed at Teens and discusses issues of control, appropriateness, and abuse when it comes to texting and other social media.
- Recalls - Children's product recalls.
- Children's Car Seats - Child safety seat inspection station locator.
- BabyZone - Safety tips and articles about babies and toddlers.
School, Homework, & Research
- Accelerated Reader: AR book lists for Hartland elementary schools & Farms Intermediate School.
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra (DSO) Kids: Games, lesson plans, and musical sound bytes.
- Extreme Science: Earth, space, weather, and more! Everything science, just for kids.
- HomeworkSpot: Resources for parents as well as curriculum links for elementary through high school aged children.
- Internet Public Library 2: Links for teachers and parents compiled by librarians to provide trustworthy and reputable information. Includes a search engine for kids and the option to chat live with a librarian.
- Library of Congress – Kids and Families: Library of Congress site for kids and parents full of resources and fun stuff. Their tagline is “Log on, play around, learn something.”
- Michigan Education and Children's Services: State of Michigan information for parents
- Michigan eLibrary Web Resources for Parents: Visit these Michigan Department of Education eLibrary resources.
- Olga's Gallery: Over 10,000 images of works of art throughout the centuries.
- ALA Great Websites: Great websites for parents, caregivers, teachers and others compiled by the American Library Association.
- Child.com: Parenting information from the publishers of American Baby, Parents & Family Circle magazines.
- Connect for Kids: Install Pressflow.
- Exceptional Websites for Children: Multiple websites tested by the Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC).
- Hints from Heloise: A site full of online hints about almost everything.
- The Oppenhein Toy Portfolio: Check out reviews for toys, books, videos, and audio materials by age group, award winners, or item type.
- Parent Teacher Association – Involvement: Explore the importance of parent involvement in a child’s life, and all the challenges and benefits that go along with it.
- Pure Michigan: Michigan travel information, searchable by city, places to stay, things to do, and featured destinations.