1. Your essay must be accompanied by the entry form, including a permission for entry from your parent or caregiver.
2. Your essay must be 250 words or less and must meet the criteria spelled out in the guidelines attached.
3. Essays should be submitted in print, with digital copies sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. Please include a photo, if at all possible, of the interview subject, in print and digital with the essay. (Minimum resolution of 900 x 720 preferred)
4. Entries must be submitted to Cromaine District Library by November 1, 2016 by 8:00 pm.
5. Winners must be able to attend the Grant Sweet Memorial Essay contest to read aloud their essays. This event is held Tuesday, November 8 at 6:30 pm at the Village Library’s Community Room.
7. Winners will be notified by telephone and email. The decisions of the judges are final. Neither the judges’ decisions nor the essays reflect the opinions of Cromaine District Library, the Friends of Cromaine Library, or any other sponsoring organization or sponsoring individual of this contest.
8. Winning essays will be included in the Memorial Day Parade Booklet of 2017 (if published) and will be shared on the Cromaine District Library Facebook page.
9. Essays and photos must be retrieved from Cromaine Library following Veterans Day, and no later than December 1, 2016. Essays and photos which are not retrieved will be disposed of.
See attachment for Entry Form and Guidelines.