A Tumble Book library aimed at books for kids.
Cromaine District Library provides many different research tools for its cardholders. Subscription databases provide a wealth of information on topics ranging from finding your ancestors to elementary-level research. The information in these databases is often easier to find and more reliable than what you can find on the World Wide Web. NOTE: Most, but not all, databases allow access from home. These are labeled Available Everywhere. Databases which you must be in the library buildings to use are labeled Available at Cromaine.
Don't have an eReader device? Don't worry; eBooks can be read right on your computer as long as you download the free Adobe Digital Editions software. Check out our collection of eBooks today at the links below.
With 3,500+ interactive books, educational games, puzzles, and other learning activities, ABCmouse.com’s award-winning online curriculum is an invaluable resource for young learners (ages 2-6+). From Age of Learning, Inc.
Premier cover-to-cover digital editions of your favorite magazines
Check out the latest issue, along with back issues (where available)
Stream them instantly through your PC/Mac browser
Download free Zinio apps to access magazines on your tablet or smartphone
Apps are available for PC/Mac; iPad®, iPhone®, Android™, Kindle Fire™, Windows® 8 & Windows Phone 8
Easy to browse, check out, and read
Customize your reading experience
Cromaine LIbrary resident card holders can now download the free hoopla digital mobile app on their Android or IOS device or visit hoopladigital.com to begin enjoying thousands of titles – from major Hollywood studios and record companies – available to borrow for instant streaming on your computer or temporary downloading to a smartphone or tablet.
Each resident card is able to download up to 7 items per month. When you sign up, be sure to have your library card number ready! Download the Hoopla app onto your phone, computer or tablet, sign in and let the fun begin! Audiobooks coming in July 2014!
Need more help? Check out this YouTube video from Hoopla on how to get started: Create an Account on Hoopla
OR click below for downloadable instructions:
Downloadable Audiobooks and eBooks that you can now read on your mobile smart phones, iPad, Kindle, Sony, Nook HD and Nook Color eReaders, and many additional devices. Overdrive also offers Music that you can play on your home computer, burn to cd or transfer to any portable device. INCLUDING iPods!
In a continuous effort to provide a robust and secure service, OverDrive has a monthly systems maintenance window, scheduled for the third Thursday of every month from 6:00 am - 8:00 am Eastern Time.
Click on the link below to start browsing for eBooks or eAudiobooks using Download Destination:
1. Please search the Cromaine catalog online Find Books and More. Cromaine is committed to providing what you want to find in your library. If it's new (less than a year old), we're more likely to have it, and other libraries are unlikely to lend it. Please search Cromaine first.
- You must have an up-to-date Cromaine library card in good standing.
- (Reciprocal borrowing privileges are not allowed in MeLCat. You must use your home library, if they are a MeLCat participant.) •Use the Search MelCat function.
- Follow the steps in MelCat.
- When available, the item will be delivered to you at Cromaine.
- If you use an e-mail address for notification, please check it regularly when waiting for a request from MelCat to arrive.
- To renew a MelCat item, wait until within seven days of the due date, then log in to MyMel, your MelCat account. One renewal is usually allowed.
- Your MeLCat records will not show in your Cromaine record, unless you have an outstanding, unreturned, and unpaid-for item.
- Return the item promptly to Cromaine when it is due. Abuse of MelCat loans will result in termination of MelCat (and Cromaine) borrowing privileges.
Each item borrowed from MelCat costs Cromaine up to $15 to obtain for you in staff labor, statewide delivery, and packaging. We must reduce these costs, but we want to continue MelCat's availibility for the items we cannot find to purchase.
Every week, five to 15 items which have been borrowed from MelCat and delivered to Cromaine for you, are not picked up. That's a significant waste of your local tax dollars. If Cromaine cannot purchase the item, there may be another less costly, local library not in MelCat, that will work--and waste fewer dollars when not picked up.
MelCat participating libraries must serve their home libraries first. That means you may wait even longer for items that Cromaine already has or will purchase more quickly than you'll be able to get through MelCat. This will get worse due to library budget cuts all over the state. Cromaine is committed to delivering what you want as fast as we can get it to you.
Most Cromaine items (unless Books in Demand or on hold for another patron) can be renewed repeatedly--giving you as much as 12 weeks for a book, for example. MelCat limits renewals.